Mercer University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, educational specialist, and doctorate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Mercer University may be directed in writing to Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Mercer University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Mercer University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2027. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy. The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website at www.arc-pa.org/accreditation-history-mercer-university.
The Mercer University Physician Assistant Program will:
- Admit highly qualified applicants who are successful in completing the Mercer Physician Assistant curriculum.
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level practice as a physician assistant.
- Prepare students to deliver primary care in a variety of clinical settings.
- Promote the professional development of students.
- Support faculty development and engagement in teaching, scholarship, and service.
*Click on each of the program goals for applicable data to demonstrate the success in achieving the goal.*