Vision, Mission, Values and Profile
The Mercer MPH program will be renowned for producing public health champions who will partner with underserved and rural populations to promote and improve health.
The MPH program will prepare competent health professionals to advance public health practice in communities, primarily underserved and rural populations, through instruction, research, and service to promote social justice and health equity.
- Collaboration – working together and respecting each other's contributions.
- Compassion – showing empathy and concern for the well-being of others.
- Competence – demonstrating mastery of skills of one's profession or vocation.
- Excellence – performing at the highest level and exceeding the expectations of those we serve.
- Integrity – unwavering adherence to a professional and ethical code of conduct.
- Respect and Honesty – conducting ourselves in a manner that demonstrates the value of each individual.
- Service – offering our talents and skills toward betterment of our communities.
- Justice – committing to fairness and reasonableness in the treatment of others
- Equity – working for the application of justice to promote and improve health
Profile of a Graduate
The Mercer MPH graduate is skilled, possesses core values, works competently with vulnerable populations, makes a difference for the better, and is service-oriented.