Vision, Mission, Values and Profile
Mercer University’s Department of Physician Assistant Studies strives to improve healthcare by promoting excellence in education, scholarship, and clinical practice.
The mission of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies is to educate patient-centered medical providers of the highest quality who are critical thinkers, leaders, and life-long learners.
The core values of the Mercer University Physician Assistant Program are compassion, collegiality, service, diversity, ethical behavior, integrity, and respect.
The Mercer University Physician Assistant Program will:
- Admit highly qualified applicants who are successful in completing the Mercer Physician Assistant curriculum.
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level practice as a physician assistant.
- Prepare students to deliver primary care in a variety of clinical settings.
- Promote the professional development of students.
- Support faculty development and engagement in teaching, scholarship, and service.
*Click on each of the program goals for applicable data to demonstrate the success in achieving the goal.*
Profile of a Graduate
The Mercer University Physician Assistant Graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level practice as a physician assistant.
- Deliver primary care in a variety of clinical settings across the lifespan.
- Collaborate effectively as a member and leader of an interprofessional team to provide evidence-based and patient-centered care.
- Pursue lifelong professional development in clinical practice, service, and leadership.