*The application cycle for Fall 2021 is open on SOPHAS. The final deadline is June 1, 2021 for international students and July 1, 2021 for domestic students. Please note that we utilize rolling admissions and review files once they are complete.*
All applicants seeking admission to the Master of Public Health (MPH) Program must submit all required application materials and meet admissions requirements prior to enrollment in the program.
Required Application Materials:
- Primary application must be submitted online via SOPHAS (http://www.sophas.org).
- Three letters of reference are required and must be submitted directly to SOPHAS. One letter must be from a college professor who taught the applicant in class; the remaining two letters may be from another professor, academic advisor or mentor, employer, or community/volunteer service supervisor.
- Personal statement: 750 word essay on how the the mission of the Mercer MPH program aligns with the applicant's life, educational, and career goals.
- GRE / MCAT requirement has been waived for the application cycle for Fall 2021. If students choose to submit an official GRE or MCAT, scores must be submitted using the correct code: Mercer U Pub Hlth SOPHAS (0127).
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to SOPHAS from all colleges / universities attended.
- International students or domestic students with credentials from institutions outside the United States are required to have those credentials evaluated by a professional evaluation service. Transcripts from colleges and universities outside the U.S. must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). Please see www.wes.org/sophas for instructions.
- An official evaluation report must be sent to SOPHAS to be included in the application. Applicants whose native language is not English must also demonstrate satisfactory proficiency in English language as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Until this procedure has been accomplished, an application for admission cannot be considered.
- Completion of an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree from a regionally-accredited college or university in the United States or recognized international institution.
- Completion of three prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better prior to matriculation. The three prerequisite courses for Mercer's MPH Program are:
- College-level math course;
- Chemistry I; and
- Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.85 on a 4.00 scale required for regular admission.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores. Applicants holding a Master's degree or higher are exempt from submitting GRE scores.
- Required Community Service Hours: A minimum of 30 hours as an active participant in a service or community project. Examples of this service/volunteer experience include work in an afterschool program, volunteering with a food bank or shelter, or engaging in community improvement projects (locally, nationally, or internationally). This information should be reported as part of the SOPHAS application.
- Conditional Admissions: Occasionally students may be admitted conditionally with a GPA of less than 2.85. Students admitted under conditional status must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 for the first 9 hours of core curriculum. Students with less than a 2.50 will not be considered for admission. Students who do not maintain a 3.00 during the first 9 hours will be dismissed from the program. Applicants for conditional admissions will be processed after the June 1 admissions deadline.